Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What is Aurora borealis Rhinestone and about the swarovski crystal?



If you love this pin it can be purchase at our on line store
Funky findz loves vintage Rhinestones and crystals. Here is a little more info on these precious gems.

Originally it comes from a Latin word meaning the northern lights.It means iridescence in many vintage costume jewelry descriptions. The term is most commonly used in reference to crystals, rhinestone, or synthetic stones that are iridescent. I think of them as fairy wings. They reflect so many different colors in the light. Also we tend to think of the lights of the north, from which I live, and have observed, they are beautiful and which are filled with many colors. They are magic.

My family comes from Austria, my mother is first generation and I did not know this little fact. I know however, that I love and have always loved fine crystals and the finest in the land are from the SWAROVSKI. A term we have all heard I learned that they are lead crystals that are faceted with a glass cutting machine.They have a pretty and unforgettable sparkle. Allot like diamonds!And this process was invented by Swarovski in Austria!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty pins!